Monday, July 8, 2013

How Hard IS It To Lose Weight?


As a teenager, and even younger, I was always one of the thinnest girls in my class. Some would probably get picked on for being as thin as I was, but my height saved me. It saved them too- from the comeback that would follow. But that’s a different story. As I was saying, it never seemed to be a problem to me, I never thought of eating less than I wanted to, and it never seemed like a big deal, like the way the healthier kids made it seem to be, to have to be “weight conscious”. But then came college, and the game changed. Big time!

College is all about freedom. You do what you want to, when you want to and how you want to. And at this pinnacle of liberty, my wants were….food! Thanks to the endless chain of fast foods and restaurants across the road from the campus, my friends and I made a point to pay our respect to the place atleast once a week. If it wasn’t across this street, we would head out to some other street, at an attempt to explore the nation’s capital, Delhi. There was food everywhere we went, and it became everything I ever thought of.

It seems like reality came back to bite me after all these years. I had relatives telling me (until recently) that I look like my only source of food is the air. Not that I’ve exploded out now or become enormous, or something, but the change is big enough for me to realize that once you’re fat, giving up food is the hardest thing to do. It’s like every time you decide to gain a control over your taste buds, you’re served melted chocolate truffle, with your favorite ice cream, on a chocolate plate (which by the way, you get to eat with a chocolate spoon). So in a situation so alluring, you fall off the wagon, more often now, than then.

Coming from a family that doesn't believe in the concept of dieting, I've never really been successful in skipping meals. Time and again I've been told to exercise, to take a brisk walk in the morning, but there’s no fun in doing that, is there? So, I continue to hog on, and devour the many heavenly creations from the Cook Book to Fatness. If you wonder what the point is of cribbing, since I’m so adamant to keep eating, you’re right. I actually found something to do, that might just give me a way out.

There’s a popular television series- Grey’s Anatomy. I’m sure there are a number of you who follow it, and that’s where I got my idea from. No, I’m not talking about getting liposuction done (I don’t even have that kind of money to throw away). I’m actually referring to the crazy dancing spree that Christina and Meredith indulge in, from time to time! They do it to release the stress, but I think there’s more to it- if you let yourself loose, turn the music on to full volume, and then dance like a maniac…..there’s a lot of sweat dripping there. And for those of you who have no clue what I’m talking about, watch the video for yourself:





No kidding folks, this is one heck of an awesome way to FEEL yourself lose weight, and feel AMAZING while you’re doing it! Honestly, I’m not sure how long it takes to work; I've just joined the party. But if this sails your boat too, why not give it a shot? ;)

I'm pretty optimistic now, that I might just go back to saying someday, that losing weight isn't as hard as it seems to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment